The Fundamentals program is the BJJ Beginners Classes . It focus on taking the average person that has never stepped foot onto a mat before and teaching you everything you need to be considered advanced in the basics of BJJ, Judo and Wrestling.
How is the Fundamentals class taught?
Everything is taught in an easy to learn and sequential way. As a result, you will be told clearly how to perform each movement exactly and also guided through any potential challenges with a training partner.
Does it take long to learn the Fundamentals?
Five Rings Grappling Academy have created a four month rolling curriculum that centres around teaching you everything you need to know. From how to grip properly, fall safely and move your whole body on the ground to controlling a fully resisting opponent.
How does it work?
The fundamentals class works to give you a great understanding of the 5 basic positions of BJJ (closed guard, half guard, side control, mount and back control). This will help you to transition between the positions effectively should you ever need to use your new skills in a self defence or combative situation.
Everything has been thought of from the perspective of self defence and sport competition.
Things you will learn:
- All Breakfalls to ensure you can fall in a correct and safe manner
- Standing up safely and in base allowing you the option to strike, grapple or run.
- Basic Judo Throws
- Beginner Wrestling Takedowns
- BJJ Guard Pulls
- The Five Fundamental BJJ Positions and how to effectively move between them.
- How to control, pin and, ultimately, submit a fully resisting opponent